Monday, May 05, 2008

First they came for the witches, and then they came for the wizards...

I am sure you have seen the hissy fits that are being thrown over Harry Potter books being allowed in schools. But it doesn't stop there. Last year a school fired a female teacher, for seeming to be a witch...you see, she had black fingernail polish...you know.

Now this year...they go after the wizards hiding in are midst. God, I wish I was kidding. The proof, the sub did a magic trick for a class. A stupid little slight of hand bit.

PZ Myers:
...

"I get a call the middle of the day from head of supervisor of substitute teachers. He says, 'Jim, we have a huge issue, you can't take any more assignments you need to come in right away,'" he said.

When Piculas went in,he learned his little magic trick cast a spell and went much farther than he'd hoped.

"I said, 'Well Pat, can you explain this to me?' 'You've been accused of wizardry,' [he said]. Wizardry?" he asked.

...


You guys are so crazy! Seriously, Florida, you have lost it.

No comments: