Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Riff Trax's Live


I should have mentioned this earlier, as it is almost time for it to occur. Thursday!

But as a HUGE fan of MST3K, and the later work of those involved in Film Crew, Cinematic Titanic, and Riff Trax, they have a national event going on Thursday, the 20th (must be my birthday.). The Riff Trax guys (Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, and and Kevin Murphy) are going to be hosting an event that night at theaters all over the country, a new riffing of Plan 9 from Outer Space. It sounds like they will have some fun and also have shorts, which have always been a great staple of their works.

I am finally going to one of these events myself, as I am keen on it, and I like that they are taking advantage of the way theaters are set up these days. These days with the new tech they can allowing people to join in business events, opera, and symphanies from afar (I think they had some '08 camaign events viewable from theaters). So with a national event, even living in a not so big town in the midwest it is not too great a sojourn to join in myself.


So if you are a fan, you should check out the Riff Trax site and see if you can or wish to go.



No comments: