Wednesday, November 06, 2013

The Horror Of...Scheduling, November 2013

November. What do you do with that?! Thankfully Horror doesn't take Diwali, Guy Fawkes Day, Thanksgiving (U.S.), or Remembrance Day, etc off. ...Though I don't think there are any Diwali based horror movies...? ...I should look into if there is any Bollywood Horror.

Still, we have plenty of movies to enjoy. I had been tempted to follow up The Bat with The Devil Bat...but seeing as I recently wrote about not demonizing actual bats, perhaps I should look elsewhere. Like Ravens?  So, we will look at The Raven this week. The Roger Corman one, with the amazing cast. (There are a lot of The Raven movies, and I am tempted to look later at the Lugosi/Karloff one someday.)

I also have to get back into the returning Sleepy Hollow, which has raced back on to TV this week. So that should be reviewed/recapped by the end of the week. I also am tempted to look at some other shows, at least evaluating their first couple. Agents of SHIELD and Dracula. (You may not like my opinion.)

But as to reviewing in general, I have been contemplating how I wanted to continue reviewing. With ones like The Midnight Hour, the review seems to drag on. So I am trying to refine the recaps more, so they don't get more tedious.

The other issue I have is that it is always tempting to have "theme months". Thanksgiving movies. Christmas movies. Valentine movies. Zombie movies in April. And so on. (But Halloween is special.) But that grows annoying. And you end up not being able to get some great movies because they aren't in theme... So I might leave that type of thematic to the In Short posts.

As to what the other Horror Movies will be this month...I'll update with that later.


No comments: