And that means along with the parts that have already started working, more is coming online as we go into next year and in the years to come.
Some of what is becoming available soon, from Think Progress:
- States will soon be deciding whether to start up their own health care exchange, or whether to use a federal run exchange. (2014)
- Pre-existing condition discrimination protection will be expanding from children to all Americans. (2014)
- End to lifetime benefit caps and annual benefit caps. (2014)
- All employers will be required to cover contraception without co-pay. (Religious organization will need to get in line by August 2013.)
- All employers with 50 or more employees will need to offer insurance, or pay fine to access government service. (2014)