|Ken Cedeno / Bloomberg News|
The PCTC Blog has done an excellent job of laying out the many ways President Obama has set things right in government and begun aiding the righting of the economy.
Some of the president's actions included in this:
1. Within his first week, he signed an Executive Order ordering an audit of government contracts, and combating waste and abuse. http://1.usa.gov/dUvbu5
9. Not only did he completed the massive TARP financial and banking rescue plan, he also leaned on the banks and others, and recovered virtually all of the bail-out money. http://1.usa.gov/eA5jVS http://bit.ly/eCNrD6
25. Dismantled the Minerals Management Service, thereby cutting ties between energy companies and the government. http://nyti.ms/bw1MLu
45. Established a Consumer Protection Financial Bureau designed to protect consumers from financial sector excesses. http://bit.ly/fnTayj
51. Extended benefits to same-sex partners of federal employees. http://1.usa.gov/g2RLCj
84. Signed and pushed through ratification a new SALT Treaty. http://bit.ly/f3JVtw
103. Reformed student loan program, to make it possible for students to refinance at a lower rate. http://nyti.ms/dMvHOt
137. Provisions in theACAhave already resulted in Medicare costs actually declining slightly this fiscal year, for the first time in many years, according to the Congressional Budget Office. The increase in 2011 was 4%, which is very low compared to the average 12% annual inflation rate during previous 40 years. http://1.usa.gov/oMxpTh
144. Provided a $20 billion increase for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps). http://nyti.ms/gfLqyM
179. Eliminated federal funding for abstinence-only education, and rescinded the global gag rule. http://bit.ly/eCFAI1 http://bit.ly/f92drF
Be sure to take a look and take note for when you next talk or joust with family and friends about just what the president has gotten done. A lot has been done and attempted, and we should all be better informed on what has gone on, and why we need to push forward.