Tuesday, October 08, 2013

The Horror Of...Halloween Night, Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror Title Sequences, Part 1

I had been tempted to look at The Simpsons Halloween episodes as part of the celebrating of Halloween. But I wasn't sure how I'd do this.

I finally found an interesting and brief way to do this.

I've been looking at the ever-changing title sequence of The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror episodes, and posting on it on Tumblr.

From their start in the second season of the show, the basic idea of these shows have been set. Three short stories. What has varied and changed has been how or if the stories would be connected together with a structure, and how each episode would start (the title sequences).

So come back with me to the 90's and see how it started, and changed over the concepts first five years.

1990 - Treehouse of Horror

1991 - Treehouse of Horror 2

1992 - Treehouse of Horror 3

1993 - Treehouse of Horror 4

1994 - Treehouse of Horror 5

I'll be continuing this endeavor through Halloween. So you can expect more collections of the episodes in future posts, or wait for them to arise individually on Tumblr.


No comments: