Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What we can do to help, BEFORE Thanksgiving gets here.

A sobering, but a quite good idea for what we can do to help people in these very rough economical times. Be sure to find a way to help.

From Crooks and Liars:
...

My landlady told me a few days ago how surprised she was to hear an interview on the local NPR station with two families from our neighborhood, who were some of the 100 local families using a local church's food bank. When I saw her the next day, she said she'd mentioned the story to a friend who belongs to that church, and the friend told her the story was wrong: There are actually 200 families using the food bank.

I'm going to go through my cabinets and see what I can spare. In the meantime, I thought I'd remind readers how many of our neighbors are struggling through these desperate times. If you can still afford to give anything, please go through your cupboards and donate this week to your local food bank.

...
They has a list of links to get more information at the link. Check them out and find out places near you that need help, food, or other resources as Thanksgiving comes.

No comments: